Ready to quit smoking?
Right now is a great time to quit smoking.
Cigarettes, chewing tobacco, pipes, and cigars are all made with dried tobacco leaves, which naturally contain the drug nicotine. Manufacturers of these products add additional nicotine, as well as a host of other chemicals and additives, to make smoking more enjoyable. One report suggests there are as many as 7,000 different chemicals in one cigarette. These additives can have disastrous effects on your health.
Only about 4% to 7% of people are able to quit smoking on any given attempt without other help.
Your application can help you identify ways you are sabotaging your quit-smoking plan, and can provide the support and encouragement to get through the craving.
It’s hard to quit smoking, but you can do it.
Here are some steps to help you get ready for your Quit Day:
- Pick the date and mark it on your calendar.
- Tell friends and family about your Quit Day.
- Get rid of all the cigarettes and ashtrays in your home, car, and at work.
- Practice saying, “No thank you, I don’t smoke.”
- Set up a support system. This could be a group program or a friend or family member who has successfully quit and is willing to help you. Ask family and friends who still smoke not to smoke around you, and not to leave cigarettes out where you can see them.
- Think about your past attempts to quit. Try to figure out what worked and what didn’t.
Quit Smoking -No smoking day